Thermal pastes are designed to ensure efficient thermal transfer between two contacting surfaces and removing heat from microchips, transistors, and other electronic elements. Thermal pastes significantly reduce thermal resistance and air gaps between the heat source and a heat-dissipating device.
EUROLINIA TCEI-3 is a ceramic-polymer heat-conducting thermal paste formulated on a non-drying organosilicon base. It is recommended for use in the operating temperature range from -60 ºС to +180 ºС.
Key Features and Performance Specs
- Viscosity, plasticity, high adhesion to metal, glass, and ceramic surfaces make it easy to apply a thin layer of the TCEI-3 heat grease to the contacting surfaces during assembly, as well as to remove or wash off with a solvent during disassembly.
- Chemically inert, explosion-proof, non-flammable, not causing an irritating and toxic effect on the body (classified as class IV – low-hazard substances according to GOST 12.1.007).
- During operation at extreme temperatures, the TCEI-3 heat pastes neither dry out nor emit harmful substances.
- Do not cause corrosion of metals and alloys.
- Deactivation of the TCEI-3 thermal paste wastes is not required. Transportation, storage, and use of the thermal pastes do not require special safety measures, as well as the use of personal protective equipment.
Cooler electronic components are more reliable and perform significantly better.
Thermal pastes differ in their composition, depending on the application.
- Reduce thermal resistance between mating surfaces.
- Ensure efficient thermal contact between two surfaces.
- Remove heat from microchips.
EUROLINIA Heat Pastes Product Line
TCEI-3 thermally conductive pastes are produced with different thermal conductivity properties depending on the composition of the ceramic filler. Based on the heat-conducting ceramic filler compositions, there are 3 product versions with the corresponding standard thermal conductivity.
- TCEI-3/1 thermal paste is produced by mixing the silicone base with highly purified Oxide Ceramic micro powders, recrystallized using a special technology at temperatures above 2000 ºС (α-Crystalen™).
- TCEI-3/2 thermal paste is produced by mixing the silicone base with Oxide and Nitride ceramic micro powders sintered in a highly purified Nitrogen environment using a unique technology at temperatures above 1200 °C (β-Crystalen™).
- TCEI-3/3 thermal paste is produced by mixing the silicone base with Nitride Ceramic micro powders.
EUROLINIA TCEI-3 thermal pastes packaging options include:
- 20-100g polymer cans
- 0.25-2.0kg polymer buckets
- Use of gel silicone base with maximum elasticity (penetration) and surface tackiness.
- Filling the silicone base with an optimal combination of various heat-conducting ceramic filler micro powders.
- Use of specially developed heat-conducting dielectric α-Cristalen™, β-Cristalen™ micro powder fractions, as well as various fractional composition Nitride Ceramics.
- Producing under pressure a material of the tight structure, homogeneous thickness while leaving zero internal gas cavities.
- Use of thin reinforcing electrical insulating fiberglass base for the sheets of 0.25-1.5mm thickness.
- Sheet surface glossy calibration technology to achieve maximum conformity of the contacting surfaces.
EUROLINIA TCEI-3 Heat pastes Specs
|Appearance||Homogeneous viscous fluid mass|
|Color||Pink, gray, white(¹)||Brown, gray(¹)||Gray|
|Dynamic viscosity according to Brookfield at 23 °C, and shear rate of 120 1 / s, mPa*s||12000-18000|
|Dielectric Strength, KV/mm|
|Volume Resistivity, Оm•cm||1014||1013||1012|
|Dielectric Constant at frequency:|
|– 50 Hz,||6,0|
|– 1 Mhz||4,0|
|Dielectric loss tangent at frequency:|
|– 1 Mhz||0,005|
|– 10 MHz||0,009|
|Operating temperature, °С||from -60°С to +180°С|
|Corrosive effect||No green signal on copper plate|
|Thermal conductivity, W/(м•К)||0,80||1,00||1,20|
|Specific thermal resistance(²) (thermal interface), (К*cм²)/W||0,45||0,38||0,30|
|(¹)– Any custom color is available according to the customer’s request
(²)– Determined when the compressive stress of the contact surfaces is equal to 0.69 MPa (100 psi)
Directions for Use
- Degrease the surfaces. The surface to be applied with thermal paste must be thoroughly cleaned of dust, dirt with hairbrushes, cloth napkins, or by blowing with compressed air. To remove moisture, traces of mineral oils, as well as grease stains and other contaminants, degrease the surface by wiping it with a cloth soaked in solvent BR-2 gasoline TU 38.401-67-108, nefras C2-80 / 120 according to the manufacturer’s TNLA, or in isopropyl alcohol TU 2632- 015-11291058. After solvent treatment, immediately wipe the surface with a dry, clean cloth. If required, carry out the degreasing procedure one more time in the same order.
- Apply the thermal paste to the surface with a brush, spatula, syringe. Spread it evenly across the entire surface, make sure to fill in all gaps and roughnesses with the paste, pushing out the residual air.
- The thickness of the resulting layer depends on the flatness of the mating surfaces during installation. Try to make it as thin as possible. When compressed there should be no air cavities between the surfaces, make sure to remove the excess paste.
- The optimal thickness of the resulting thermal paste layer should be 25-80 microns (see the picture below), given that the necessary surface preparation was performed (roughness not more than Ra = 0.63 microns).
- The manufacturer guarantees the compliance of the TCEI-3 thermal grease compounds with the declared above product technical specifications, subject to proper conditions of transportation, storage, and use.
- Stored in the manufacturer’s package TCEI-3 thermal paste shelf life is 18 months from the manufacture date.
- After the shelf life expiry, the TCEI-3 thermal paste should be tested before each use for compliance with the technical requirements. Subject to compliance, the paste can be used for its intended purpose.
- Quality complaints and claims are accepted when returning the products in the manufacturer’s container with the provision of accompanying documents for the products received from the manufacturer.
Contact Us Today!
To get the product information in the Russian language, please refer to our website nomacon.by